Monday, April 25, 2011

Old Sketchbook ---> Mailart



Not too long ago I found an old sketchbook of mine and decided to turn it into some mailart and send it to my parents.  The first photo is of an unfinished sketch I did of my cat, Cotty. He passed away about a year and a half ago. You can see his photo in this post. His leg was broken when he was a kitten, and it healed straight.  Despite being unable to bend that leg, he lived outdoors, was quite the hunter and was able to climb trees. He lived to age 19.

The envelope was made from a sketch I did of the field in Wisconsin where my horse and the mules grazed.  After feeding the animals, I would lean against the shed and look out at this field and our neighbor's barn and scratch Cotty.  These sketches have a lot of meaning for me because they are tied to memories of my animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment