Monday, February 6, 2012

PENGUIN #17 Our Man in Havana

Adopted by Johanna in Australia


Johanna read this book while on vacation in Zaire. I hope that her edition's cover had a slightly more interesting cover.  

 She writes: "In the early 1980s I worked in Zimbabwe.  We went north to what was then Zaire for our holiday at Christmas time.  We realised that we had too little reading material so we went to the US information office in Lubumbashi to see if we could borrow some.  Officially we were not allowed to but the woman there said that she had just received a shipment of personal books and we could choose from them." 

She chose Our Man in Havana as well as a few others.
How nice of the lady at the info office.  Lending books is always a dangerous arrangement. :-) 
So wonderful that she was ready to trust a stranger to return them.  

And here is the pretty stamp she used:


Thanks so much Johanna for participating in my project!!

And a p.s. to Stuffelaneous, yours will be coming up soon.
I'm really quite sorry to everyone that it's taken me so long. I'm frightfully behind.
For some reason it is harder for me to write these kinds of posts, and I'm the kind of person that easily buries their head in the sand. Now I'm trying to do one of these posts every other day until I catch up! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you so much good luck it's brimming over onto your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. I was just afraid it hadn't made it home. I really enjoy reading all of these. Such a fun idea! Breathe. Relax. I can wait. :)

    ReplyDelete