Monday, August 11, 2014

Wedding invitations - Part 1

First post of wedding invitations

Even before I was engaged I knew I wanted to make my own wedding invitations.
I had several ideas for space themed wedding invitations. I loved the Mercury mission stamps that came out a couple years ago and knew they would be perfect.

I ended up handpainting all the envelopes. It was extremely time consuming, but rewarding and I was really happy with how they turned out.

I used watercolors-- each envelope started out with me painting the black border with curvy edges and then I swirled and splashed with any number of colors. I also drizzled salt over the wet paint to create the effect below. I'm not sure what that is called.  After the paint is completely dry you just brush off the salt.

















2 comments: