Sunday, March 1, 2015

February is done. Winter is still here.

As you might be able to tell from the lack of Letter Mo posts... I crapped out again. But! With my new mail cataloging system, I've kept track of my incoming and outgoing.

I'm happy to say that I did a ton of catching up on mail over this month. In December I wrote down all of the mail that I hadn't yet responded to.

I check off the received mail when I respond to it. Writing in caps for received mail (RCD) helps me see at a glance what I have and haven't answered yet. This has really helped me to answer letters in something approaching chronological order. I still sometimes answer a letter I just received before others in line, but this has helped me avoid months long return times. Right now I'm all caught up to within a month of receiving the letters.

I also have counted up the last couple months, how much I've sent and received. So even though I crapped out on Letter Mo. again, I sent 27 things this month.

I've also received a ton of great mail lately.
In one day I received these three:
A first correspondence from C. Mehrl Bennett with some artistamps, a letter from my cousin, and a letter from a friend in town.

Also received this lovely Valentine from my sister in law. 


Today is a Sunday that feels like a stay-in-and-mail-art-the-day-away day. I think there's about a foot of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Nevertheless it's possible we might go out for trivia tonight if our friends are determined to brave the weather.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Letter Log. I love seeing how others keep track of their mail. I am still tweeking my system. Keeping it simple like you have done, will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letter log seem simple and I like simple. But still I need to find away to keep track of what is coming and going.
    I took part in a month of letters. I did it!
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete