Saturday, March 7, 2015

Outgoing

I was so happy with this group of mail that I sent out together. I loved the shiny and jewel toned aspects that are in a lot of them.

 6 outgoing!

 front and back--- I got this shiny purple ribbon from a penpal and I love it. I hope the glue sticks!
Also, I got these thought/speech bubble sticky notes for Christmas in my stocking and I've started using them as address labels. I use glue on the part that isn't already sticky. Here I've surrounded it with some glitter glue that I recently found in my stash.


 This shiny silver tape is a new acquisition. I got two huge rolls of it from the I.D.E.A. store for $8! You can see it continues on the back. I'm not sure what it is really for... I'm guessing no one designed it for mail art. It's like foil.


This envelope was made out of a 2014 weekly planner that my mom gave me. Lots of beautiful artwork. I thought the Fort McHenry stamp went really well with these military looking gentlemen. I bought the Fort McHenry stamps because I'm from Maryland and that battle happened in Baltimore, (It's where the Star Spangled Banner was written, and what it's about!) but I think it could be a lot nicer. The colors in the stamp seem muddy and drab, especially in the foreground.

Here's the back. I love these labels!

Outgoing to Joel. He and Anjanette (the letter above) are friends of a friend, and they got excited about mail art when they came to my house for a party. So of course I sent them something to help get the ball rolling!
 Here the shiny silver corner triangles are made of the same tape that I was talking about above.



This photo came out a bit blurry, but more shiny and more bluish purple!
 These two are also from the planner I talked about earlier.
Weird face lion has a lot to say.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely mail. I like the idea of using the bubbles as labels. I also like the glitter around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great envelopes! The purple pops like it's royalty. LOL. Even the postage gets in on the act.

    ReplyDelete