Saturday, December 19, 2015

Apple Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Bacon Streusel Topping

So, the title really says it all, huh?

You might know that I don't really like regular apple pie. But this pie. This pie was amazing.


I not too long ago bought two different pie cook books. One of which, The United States of Pie, has a recipe using a gingersnap crust. It's just like a graham cracker crust, crumble up some gingersnaps and add melted butter and a little sugar. So that sounded fantastic, but it was paired with a lemon cream filling and I wanted something a little more festive for the Christmas party we were going to. So I googled gingersnap crust pie and found this: Apple Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Bacon Streusel Topping. 

Just to reiterate, it was amazing. When I first read that cookbook it was like a revelation! You could just crumble up any kind of cookie for a pie crust!! I'm greatly looking forward to exploring this.

No comments:

Post a Comment